- Profile: Mr. Maupin is the President and Senior Tax Partner of the firm. He has been with the firm since 1973. His practice is limited to the areas of probate and trust law, estate planning law, taxation law, and the formation of entities (trusts, partnerships, limited liability companies, and corporations) for estate and business succession planning. This includes all areas of estate, gift, generation-skipping, and income tax planning for his clients, including the formation of all forms of revocable, irrevocable, and generation-skipping trusts, wills, and all other related estate planning documents.
- Education: University of Nevada, Reno (B.S., accounting, with high distinction, 1968); University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law (J.D., 1971). Educational Honors: Phi Kappa Phi; Beta Gamma Sigma; Outstanding Accounting Student Award, University of Nevada, Reno, 1965, 1966, 1967, and 1968; Co-Winner of National Thomas Arkle Clarke Award for most outstanding graduate of Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity, 1968. Other Professional License: Certified Public Accountant, Nevada, 1973.
- Bar and Court Admissions: All Nevada and California state courts; United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit; United States District Court for the District of Nevada; United States Tax Court; United States Court of Claims.
- Legal Affiliations: State Bar of Nevada (Member, Taxation Section (Executive Committee, 1983-1985), Probate & Trust Section); State Bar of California (Member, Sections of Taxation; Estate Planning, Trusts & Probate); Washoe County and American (Member, Sections of Taxation; Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law) Bar Associations; Fellow, American College of Tax Counsel; American Institute of Certified Public Accountants; Estate Planning Council of Northern Nevada (Secretary-Treasurer, 1975-1976; Vice-President, 1976-1977; President, 1977-1978); Best Lawyers in America, 1987 to Present (Trusts & Estates and Tax Law); Nevada Super Lawyers, 2007 to Present (Estate Planning & Probate and Tax Law).
- Community Service: Sierra Arts Foundation (Board of Directors, 1983-1988); Hidden Valley Country Club (Board of Directors, 1984-1986; Vice-President, 1984; President, 1985); United States Golf Association, Sectional Affairs Committee, 1982-1990; Nevada State Golf Association (Director, 1982-1990; Vice-President, 1986-1987; President, 1988); Northern Nevada Golf Association (Director, 1982-1990; Vice-President, 1986-1990; President, 1983-1985); Reno Continental Little League (Vice-President and Director, 1990-1991); South Reno Babe Ruth League (Vice-President and Director, 1992-1995); Montreux Golf & Country Club (Advisory Board of Governors, 1995-2001); University of Nevada, Reno Foundation Planned Giving Advisory Council (Member, 2003-2010; Chairman, 2003-2006); Community Foundation of Western Nevada Professional Advisors Council (Member, 2010 ff) Other: Speaker before numerous local professional and civic organizations on various estate planning subjects.
- Download vCard: vCard for Outlook
Scan this image with your phone:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org